Active Skills, also known as Hero Skills, are skills that can be activated during battle. All active skills cost a certain amount of Rage points to be activated.
Active Skills define the type of hero. What an active skill does can usually be inferred from the hero's type:
- Aggressive Heroes: The majority of Heroes are considered Aggressive. Most but not all Aggressive Heroes have skills which deal damage to their foes. Some Skills have additional effects such as Healing, apply buffs/debuffs and summon units.
- Defensive Heroes: Defensive heroes are generally best used as tanks. Their skills usually function to heal, protect, buff, or taunt.
- Leader-Type Heroes: Their skills generally benefit all allied heroes and/or mercenaries by providing buffs, healing, or protection.
- Healing Heroes: These Heroes have skills which are mostly focused on healing or reviving their allies. Ironically none of these Heroes are actually very good at being a main healer, and some find utility as support characters.
Active skills have a cooldown (which is usually 15 seconds) that prevent them from being spammed. Various Active skill cooldowns are very low, 1 to 3 seconds allowing them to basically be spammed as long as you have the Rage or with the support of the Guild Chariot's divine skill.
Skill Upgrade Cost
Upgrading Hero Skill costs Rings. Below is the amount of rings needed to upgrade a hero's skill level:
* Requires Enlightenment
- Skill levels 6, 11 and 16, have steep increases in the number of rings required to level up.
- Only certain heroes are able to be enlightened and certain skill max upgrades are optional.
- In June 2016 the max skill level was increased from 20 to 25 for Epic Heroes but kept at 20 for non-epic heroes.