Ancient Spirits are a very valuable resource in the game. They have one purpose and that is to Enlighten Heroes. They are kept in the Hero Vault but can and should be harvested for shards until you plan to use them as doing so has no penalty unlike with Heroes as you get a full 2500 for harvest.
Obtaining Ancient Spirits
Ancient Spirits can be gained through:
Ancient Spirit Shards can be gained through:
- Battle Square Treasure Chests and Battle Mall
- A Guild United Tier Rewards
- Weekly Lords League Continent and Server Rankings
- Mystic Shop 100 for 160 Jewels, or 50 for 3,600 Mystic Crystals
Spending Ancient Spirits
Currently the only use in the game for Ancient Spirits is in Hero Enlightenment. Every level of Enlightenment costs a certain number of Ancient Spirits in addition to other resources. These prices are the same for every Hero. Below is a generic chart for the resource cost at every level of Enlightenment for Heroes, however there is some variance, particularly the newest and best Heroes generally take almost twice the amount of Ancient Spirtits per level. So far I can confirm Stormrider and newer are included in this group, I am not sure about Heroes who came before such as Rath and Wolvenfiend.
|Level||Ancient Spirit||Souls||Rings||Mutagen||Hero Shards||EXP Requirement|
|11||4 or 7||6,000|
|12||4 or 7||3,000||1,600||375,000|
|13||4 or 7||600,000|
|14||5 or 9||9,000|
|15||5 or 9||4,000||2,000|
|16||5 or 9||900,000|
- Since the first level costs 10 Ancient Spirits it is best to only focus on a handful of Heroes to Enlighten as Ancient Spirits are not easy to get.